Encore Launches New Attorney Document Review Service
Encore Discovery Solutions, a knowledge-based provider of electronic discovery and related services, has announced the launch of its attorney document review service, providing privilege and responsiveness reviews of documents for litigation, government reviews, and investigations. Encore’s Attorney Document Review Service is part of its fully integrated discovery services offering spanning the entire discovery lifecycle and is designed to help clients materially reduce the cost of discovery without sacrificing quality.
Encore’s approach is to reduce costs by minimizing the amount of data at every stage of discovery. Costs can now be reduced even further by efficiently integrating document review.
“Our expertise in organizing large-scale electronic discovery and document review projects means we understand the issues our clients face day-to-day,” said Greg Mazares, President and CEO of Encore. “We have the experience to apply the best possible workflow, management and quality control for each service.” Unlike other, less flexible discovery and document review providers, Encore’s philosophy is to collaborate with clients to select the most appropriate process, technology and team members for each project, at an appropriate budget. This extends to project location venue; projects can be located offshore or onshore, at a client facility, law firm or Encore’s specialized review facilities.
Encore provides its document review clients with a number of specific advantages, including:
- Integrated, End-to-End Data Minimization—Starting with Data Collection. Only Encore integrates data minimization right from the start of every project and continues through document review—all within a single process.
- Process Management, Metrics and Reporting. Encore leverages its experience with process management to ensure quality work product and to apply the best possible workflow, management and quality control to each project, along with the types of sophisticated analysis and robust reporting our clients have come to expect.
- Highest Quality Reviewers. Encore understands discovery and can apply that knowledge to recruiting and selecting the best attorney reviewers for the needs of each matter, resulting in a higher quality, lower cost result.
- Neutrality and Flexibility. Encore collaborates with its clients to choose the best technology, process and venue, at the right price, to achieve the project objectives.
- Value. Encore’s document review rates are among the most competitive in the industry— and the company’s overall commitment to integrated data minimization throughout the discovery process means lower project cost overall.
Encore’s document review service has been implemented in collaboration with RR Donnelley (NASDAQ: RRD), a Fortune 250 company with an extensive global footprint and a pioneer in the provision of legal process outsourcing and multilingual communications solutions. “RR Donnelley’s expertise in multi-shore legal process outsourcing and foreign language translations combined with Encore’s deep understanding of electronic discovery, Hart-Scott-Rodino Second Request projects and International Trade Commission and other government investigations, makes us a formidable team,” said Jason Brennan, Vice President, Legal Services of RR Donnelley’s Global Services offering. Together, Encore and RR Knowledge. Innovation. Results. Donnelley will deliver the necessary personnel, technology, highly secure infrastructure and translation capabilities to support client Discovery needs on a global basis.
For more information about Encore’s Attorney Document Review offerings, please visit encorediscovery.com.
About RR Donnelley
RR Donnelley (NASDAQ: RRD) is a global provider of integrated communications. Founded more than 145 years ago, the company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide to develop custom communications solutions that reduce costs, enhance ROI and ensure compliance. Drawing on a range of proprietary and commercially available digital and conventional technologies deployed across four continents, the company employs a suite of leading Internet based capabilities and other resources to provide premedia, printing, logistics and business process outsourcing products and services to leading clients in virtually every private and public sector.
For more information and for RR Donnelley’s Corporate Social Responsibility Report, visit the company’s web site at rrdonnelley.com.
Encore Discovery Solutions
Filed Under: 2010 Press